Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Crafty Blogger I Will Never Be

As much as I would like, a crafty blogger I will never be. I love to escape into the beautiful, artful, original, creative, crafty blogs that sparkle and dazzle and make me feel like a complete loser. The crafty toys my daughter has were purchased, the homemade skirt I own has little threads coming out the bottom because I am too lazy to do a proper hem, I can't find the time or energy to seek out thrift store and yard sale gems. But I still love to wander slowly through those blogs of amazing ingenuity and adorably cute creations and just be taken away by it.
I can write though, a little. At least my sixth grade teacher said I was good at it. And I always feel better after writing a little about my day so I sweatingly decided to start a blog. Shhh, don't tell anyone.
On reason why I will never be a crafty blogger is because my time is spent trying to make myself go insane by being in medical school, not giving my daughter up to an orphanage or running wild on the streets and trying to slap together some semblance of a homelife with my husband. Here are some more reasons why I will never be a crafty blogger:

It seems like crafty bloggers, in addition to creating their crafts, always have really clean homes, even when they have two or three kids running around. Here is a typical mess in my house after daughter squirt has used my neatly stacked pile of books like a treadmill.



This is our craft area, a mess.



This is the most crafty thing I have created in the last several months, a bunch of paper hearts glued to a thread and hung up for Valentines Day.


Another reason why my home will always be messy...and full of wet kisses.

3 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

Hooray! Welcome aboard.

Andrea said...

Finally! I've been waiting for a blog whose "corners of my home" are as disastrous as mine (yours are spic&span by comparison, as you know). I was starting to think I'd have to start my own blog, but now the world is spared of my "what I had for breakfast" photos of piles of bowls with crusted-on grape-nuts and a yogurt-covered floor. Thank you! P.S. Your Valentines hearts are great.

country mouse said...

I see a peeking little one that I want to eat right up! So happy I can now pop by your blog to check in on your world! we need to see each other soon... if we don't the next place I'll see you will be in the delivery room. I've tried to call but for whatever reason I keep getting the wrong number. Call me.