Saturday, November 3, 2007

Lipizzaners


After a week of a new, great rotation how better to celebrate than acrobatic, dancing horses? This is how pathetic I am though. During intermission while waiting in line at the snack bar for some juice and water I found myself visually inspecting a large skin lesion on the upper back of the person standing in front of me. Then I found myself looking around for one of the attendings I had seen earlier who was also watching dancing horses with her son because I really wanted a preceptor at that moment.
DDx:
giant seborrheic keratosis
melanoma
giant nevomelanocytic nevus
epidermal nevus
burn
french clay mud (on the upper back)

I was able to accept the fact that I would have to let this one go and return to being an attentive mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google alerts picked up on your comment.

I have a child with a large EN and we are awaiting to see if she develops the syndrome.

If it was on a child standing in front of you, here's hoping it was something harmless!

Cheers,
Andi,
Australia

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty darn cute dance, but what finger is Miss PM brandishing?