Friday, November 23, 2007

No Starving Pilgrims Here


Our locally raised slate turkey.


Locally grown cranberries prepped for cranberry pie. I forgot to add the almond flavor so it was a little more tart than usual. Excellent with vanilla ice cream.


I am thankful for all of the great food available to us either from local farms or generous gentlemen farmer friends.

I am thankful that my 1st choice residency interview is over and went pretty well, if a little unorthodox. I was the only candidate not wearing a black suit. I went to medical school, not business school and so I decided a smart gray skirt and sweater would be fine with my purple danskos and tights. So of course the doctor and geriatrics fellow I have been working with during this rotation tease me first thing in the morning about not wearing black. The interviews were my favorite part of the day. I received a few compliments on my personal statement and I felt I was able to be myself throughout the interviews. Now I will have to just wait for February.

I am thankful for the amazing support provided to me unconditionally by my family.

I am thankful for the invaluable teaching and autonomy offered upon me during my geriatrics rotation.

Ms Perpetual Motion was thankful for maple syrup and cookies.

I am thankful to Cooks Illustrated for enlightening me as to how to make a flaky, prize winning, crust by substituting vodka for water. I won the crust category of the pie contest two weeks ago at work.


Locally grown eggs with non-local milk for custard pie.
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the interview--I'm sure you did great (and looked great! When would you ever wear a black suit again?) And I want to come to your thanksgiving next year--your food looks great!!